Gavin Hamill gdh
Sat Jul 22 11:39:25 PDT 2006
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 06:54:47 -0400
Jan Wieck <JanWieck at Yahoo.com> wrote:

> Please read carefully about EXECUTE SCRIPT and advise all DBA's (or
> whoever has the ability to execute DDL statements on your servers) that
> this can be as harmfull as just experienced.

Ah OK - I'm sure I read "somewhere" that you could just execute ALTER TABLE on each node manually if needed. I shall update our DBA with this new knowledge :)

> However, I would not trust the replica at this point and rather rebuild
> the entire slave by dropping the whole set, recreating it and resubscribing.

That's fair comment. Saturday night/Sunday morning is the quietest time of the week so I'll set that up for tonight.

> Things like that never happen at 10am on Tuesday ... not in this world.

:) I only asked because it's the first question I'll be asked on Monday, and the answer 'shit happens' is only going to destroy any confidence management has left in Postgres as a viable enterprise solution. I give it 6 months and we'll be on SQL Server. <slump>

Cheers,
Gavin.