Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Mon Jan 18 08:51:35 PST 2010
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 07:07:30PM +0300, Nickolay wrote:
> PostgreSQL 8.3.5

I note an awful lot of fixes after that in the 8.3.x branch.  Are you
quite sure you don't have a data-loss problem in Postgres?  I barely
scanned the release notes & nothing leaped out at me, but that would
be the first thing I'd fix.  Note that a response of, "But this only
happens when I'm doing Slony things," is not going to get a
sympathetic hearing: Slony is already working at the limits of
Postgres functionality, and it will exercise parts of the system that
you won't.  If there's a serious problem fixed by the four subsequent
minor 8.3 releases, I'll bet a pretty good lunch Slony will tickle it.

(This isn't to say that _is_ the problem, but I think you should rule
it out first.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at crankycanuck.ca